Wednesday, June 18, 2014

{Our Spring in Review}

Life is one big, busy, and crazy adventure. These last months since I have posted our family has been doing really well and enjoying the blessings God has given us. Yesterday I thought to myself, "I sure do miss blogging and sharing with friends and family how we have been doing!" So here I am back in the blogging world with every intention of keeping it up to date from now on. Like I said before though life is busy and crazy so we shall see how it goes. I will hopefully at least post once a week from now on! 

{Click on picture to enlarge it}

Since I don't want to backtrack all the way to November, which is when I last posted, I thought I would start with our Spring in review. Easter as always a huge celebration for us, celebrating Jesus. As the boys get older I enjoy teaching them the true and deeper meanings of religious holidays and love to see how it impacts there precious, compassionate souls. I love hearing them talk about Easter and how Jesus died for us and rose again...it is such a beautiful story to hear coming out of sweet boy voices. God has blessed us so to be able to spend holidays surrounded by the ones we love and as you can see from these pictures, the boys get to spend fun times with their cousins making wonderful memories like I did when I was their age with my cousins.

{Click on picture to enlarge it}

This Spring Kaleb was involved in a FUNd Run that his school put on as a fundraiser. Thanks to our awesome family Kaleb was able to raise over $100.00 to donate to his school. This event was so cool because it promoted health and self esteem by getting kids ready for the run and helping them to  feel confident they could do it. Each kid was given a t-shirt and the teachers even gave their classes team names. Kaleb's teacher Mrs. Wooldridge called her class the Wooldridge Rockstars and they all wore sunglasses. All the kids had a blast and the school raised over $12,000.00.


{Click on picture to enlarge it}

Both Kaleb & Kaden did very well in school this year. Kaden is rearing and ready to go for his kindergarten year, which he will start this Fall. I am emotional about this subject and my thoughts about it are bittersweet. I will miss my baby boy, but at the same time I know he will have so much fun and will like being at the same school with his big brother. Kaleb is my smarty pants, loves to talk your ear off, and ask a lot of questions these days. My Kaleb is a very curious lad! He is reading very well and is excited to start his next journey in school going into first grade. The end of the school year brought field day activities for both and an award assembly for Kaleb in which he achieved his 3rd gold card of the year. We were so blessed this year that the boys had such amazing, caring teachers. Sunrise where Kaleb went this year and where they both will go next year is such a great elementary school to be part of. I just love the community and have really enjoyed being on PTO this year. I am really looking forward to next year when I can get even more involved since both boys will be at the same school.

No comments: