Sunday, November 17, 2013

{Skate to Celebrate}

I can't believe Kaleb turned 6 in October and it is already almost December and he is already almost 6 years and 2 months. Time flies without even realizing it passed and then you look back and say phew! Did that really just happen??? My boy is no longer a baby…he is a handsome young man, smart, kind, compassionate, creative, athletic, and independent. 

Allowing him to exercise his independence I let him pick what he wanted to do for his birthday party this year and he picked a skate party. Any type of party is an opportunity for me to use my creativity so I was all about a skate party {I also let him choose what he wanted to do for his party this year because I already know what I am doing for his birthday next year (pumpkin patch) and the year after (his golden birthday) of course only if he is ok with these party ideas ;)}. 


{CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE}


Glow sticks, # 6's with wheels, and fun bright colors…perfect party atmosphere:)



Kaleb's little friends received a party favor bag with lots 
of fun goodies in it that said, "I am wheelie glad you came."




We ate, skated, and celebrated! 

This year Kaleb was so excited because he invited a bunch of friends from school. You should have seen the look on his face when they showed up for his party. He was the happiest boy in the world. As always our amazing family was there celebrating alongside with us. Thank heavens for tvs in the cafe area though because it was Sunday and if you know my family it is flooded with Bronco fans and me being unaware of game time that Sunday I planned Kaleb's party smack dab in the middle of the game. You know you are really important when your family will skip a Bronco game to go to a party. 

                           

Simplicity was key for me this year and I went for 
a simple brownie cookie cake. It was a hit!


My handsome birthday boy! He was patiently waiting to 
have his Daddy light the candles so we could sing to him:)



He was so excited about all the gifts he received!



They had these cool rolling skate aid things that a lot of the kids used. 
It helped them feel more confident about skating for sure!


Check out the boys' shirts…That how I roll! Made special by my amazing sister!!!

We had so much fun skating around with our family and friends and jamming to tunes like the YMCA, and Pump Up the Jam. It brought back memories of Friday nights spent with my friends at the skating rink and even more so memories of my Grandma Laura talking about her roller skating days as a young girl. It is funny how an activity can evoke so many wonderful memories. We definitely need to go skating more often because not only is it so much fun, but it is a great workout too!



Surrounded by lots of great family and friends





No comments: