Saturday, June 21, 2014

{Road Trippin' It}

The boys and I kicked off our Summer on a road trip with my mom and sister. Our first destination was to see my aunt and her family in Oklahoma. We only stopped to see her for a night on our way to Texas and then on the way back home for a night, but even though our time together was short it sure was nice to spend time with them. Kaleb and Kaden loved getting to play and be silly with their cousin Diane. It reminded me of all the fun I had with Diane's mom, my cousin Marie, when we were their age. 

{Click picture to enlarge}

{Click picture to enlarge} 

After a night in Lawton, Oklahoma our journey continued to Kyle's Uncle Robert's lake house in New Braunfels, Texas. Kyle met us there for a few days and those few days we were there were a blast. We swam, went on the boat, fished, shopped, ate...alot, went knee boarding, and just relaxed. We even took the boys to their first real water park Schlitterbahn.  The day after the water park we went to Sea World San Antonio and stayed the night in San Antonio spending the evening hanging out on the river walk and eating some great Tex Mex. We all had the best time! Spending time with family is always a good thing and Kyle's Uncle Robert and Aunt Oxana were so generous to  open their beautiful home to us. We even got to hang out with Kyle's parents for a couple days while they were visiting the lake house too.

 {Click picture to enlarge}

{Click picture to enlarge}

The end of our trip brought us to Uvalde, Texas to visits my grandparents on my Dad's side. Sadly Kyle had to leave us for this part of the trip :( My Grandma is currently in a nursing home because she broke her hip and had to go through a hip replacement. Then right after her hip replacement surgery she broke her ankle. She has been going through a lot but is determined to be back home soon. My Grandpa has been by her side, taking care of her and visiting her every day. He is such a good guy! Our days there were full of story telling, picture viewing, and exploring my Grandpa's amazing yard. I think the boys favorite part were the hummingbird feeders and all the hummingbirds we saw. My Grandma told us stories of when she was a young girl living in Canada and how later she met my Grandpa. I had never heard that story before.  I cherished those conversations and enjoyed looking at pictures of my dad when he was a baby and how beautiful my Grandma looked. I just loved the fashion back then. It was also really neat to see a different side of my Grandpa in his navy uniform posing with his buddies. 

{Click picture to enlarge}

We had such fun on our trip and even though some days were hard because the boys got restless in the car, I still like taking a road trip every once in awhile. We get so spoiled flying on planes and trips on the road give you that extra time to just talk and spend time together. I loved my time with my mom, sister, and my boys spent in our rental {had to rent a car big enough to fit us all}. I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life that love me and all my boys {big & little} so much!

No comments: