Thursday, July 11, 2013

Time..

So much...so much time has passed since I last posted. I have been meaning and wanting to post, however time has been lacking. There just isn't enough time in a day to get all the things that need to get done...done! To me the chores and bills can wait, but it is my fear that there isn't enough time to enjoy all the most spectacular things in life. Spectacular things like giggles, sharing spoonfuls of peanut butter, cuddles, staring contests, smiles, and just every day with my boys...those are the important things. 




 I've been trying to enjoy the important things more and worry about the not so important things less {I feel like I have been failing at this even though I am trying}, but in this season of taking care of young children it is challenging. In this season sometimes the hard days out number the blissful days, but then I think that one day soon the boys won't want to snuggle anymore and instead of hanging out with me on a Friday night they will have plenty of other friends to keep them busy and distracted from their old mom who always bugs them about hanging out with her. I think to those years and I am content with the crazy days of the constant fighting, the relentless wrestling, and the nonstop noise that is our home. 







Kaleb will be starting kindergarten this August and I know he is so excited and I am excited for him. Inside though my heart is breaking that my once tiny baby boy who looked at me with complete love and dependence has become such a smart, handsome, and independent little boy and that he will be spending his days away from me now. The thought of that tears me up. My Kaden, my baby will be four this month. 4??? Really???? I truly wish time would slow down so that I could feel like I could enjoy more time with these precious boys that are growing up entirely too fast. 






In the months to come there will be lots of change for our family. Adjusting to a new school year and settling into a new schedule, but I will always strive to find time for one another. Whether it be dance parties in our living room, family runs together, or family cuddles in our big king sized bed...I need to stop and remind myself that time stops for no one and I have to find the time to show my family I love them and that they are the most important things in my life!





With the time that has passed since I last posted some sad things have happened in our lives. Kyle's good friend from high school passed away, leaving a wife and baby boy behind. We gathered in Houston a few weeks back with Kyle's friends to celebrate the life of Clay. It was a beautiful memorial service remembering a wonderful guy. Back in the Fall we attended their gorgeous wedding and to have to go back there to say goodbye to him for good was hard on Kyle and just a reminder that we all have to make the best of our time here on Earth.





More recently my cousin Kevin suffered a blood clot in his brain due to a condition known as AVM. It has been a scary few weeks, but by the grace of God Kevin has been healing and making small improvements with each new day. Tears stream down my face as I write this because I am so thankful that my wonderful cousin is still with us and God is guiding him through this time. In Kevin's case he needs time as well...time to heal...time to rest...time with his family and friends to help him get better.




So in these past months so much has gone on...good and bad and time ticks on. I look at all these pictures of my boys that I took and I am so glad that I will have all these amazing memories captured so that I can look back ten years from now and remember this time in our lives. Life is always going to challenge you, but being able to remember the times in your life that made you the happiest...there is no greater gift to me!





I am sincerely going to try to keep my blog more updated. Hopefully time will be on my side in order to  do so. In closing...I wonder how many times I used the word time in this post :) enjoy these pictures of the lights of my life. I just can't get enough of them!






No comments: