Wednesday, December 31, 2014

{We Are Team Heisenberg!}

Back in September, along with my team, I embarked on a grueling & muddy journey to test my limits and strength. The course took us through freezing cold water, extreme elevation changes, shocking {literally} obstacles, & rocky trenches. Our endurance, mental strength, and team work were all tested. I knew I could complete the course but that wasn't without reservation. I went into the day hoping for the best, but I am not going to lie, I was soooooo nervous. I owe a lot to my team that day. I couldn't have gotten through this course without them...the team in green...Team Heisenberg! 


We started the day fresh, clean, and pumped!






Our complete team...all together!




I think we were all very excited, and some of us were a little bit nervous...including me!


We said a prayer as a team before we started.





While the team was on the course our littlest fans, my nephews Grayson & Jackson, were competing in their own Tough Mudder course. The Mini Mudder! From the looks of the pictures I think they were having some fun on the course too. If my boys were there I know they would have gotten such a kick out of doing this!



  

After some challenging obstacles it was time to get muddy!

 

He is even cute with mud on his teeth.


At this point we were very muddy but still very much up to the challenge.



I couldn't have done any of this without this guy. He pushed me and encouraged me. I think he was even a little impressed that I did it all. 

 

On this day I found out one of my biggest fears...freezing, ice-cold, frigid water! Kyle had to talk me into going under and it took a few minutes. Being submerged under icy cold water isn't the best feeling in the world. It feels like your breath is being stolen out of your chest...not fun.



I finally ended up doing it with a little poking & prodding.


Making our way through the trenches.


One thing is for sure...we worked very well together as a team!


Since Kyle competed last year he got to do an additional course and of course he nailed it when so many others couldn't. Proud of my hubby.



This was the last obstacle and at this point I was ready to be finished and I was nervous about getting shocked. The plan was to all go through together...I had other plans. I pumped myself up so much that I just had to do it and I just started to go on my own. Getting shocked was definitely one of my least favorite parts of this experience.


It was a long, dirty, and hard day but it was completely worth it because I pushed myself and in the process got closer to my teammates. I was so proud of my team!


At the end we celebrated with a beer...a well deserved beer. Cheers to us!

I can't wait to do another mudder event in 2015. Thank you to all of our fans who waited out the day cheering us on and supporting us from the sidelines {Linda, Craig, Grayson, Jackson, Laura & Lisa}. Special thanks to my sister for taking all these pictures.


No comments: