Wednesday, December 31, 2014

{First & Seconds}

I was sad and happy for the boys' first day of school. Sad because I would be sending off my baby to kindergarten, but happy for Kaden that he would be getting to experience a different learning environment and have fun with newly made friends. Kaleb already knew what to expect and was looking forward to going back to school and seeing his buddies.

{My big boy sporting some new duds and a nice scrape on his first day of school}


I had prepped for the first day of school...I bought both boys new monogrammed backpacks and lunch pails. They had new shoes and shirts to start a new year of school fresh and I even made special little love notes to put in their lunch boxes. 



It was a gorgeous sunny morning on their first day of school and on beautiful mornings like that I often allow them to play outside before we leave if they are ready early. A decision that morning I now regret. Kyle went out with them while I finished packing up their backpacks with various items. The next thing I knew all 3 of them came in frantically and Kaden was crying with pain. 


{My Kaden on his second try of his first day of school}

 My little trickster decided that on his first day of kindergarten he would also try his first bike trick...well it didn't turn out well. He flipped over the handle bars and landed on his nose. Luckily there was no head injuries because in the Robinson house we always wear our helmets and so should you! Unfortunately, his nose took the brunt of the trauma and quickly started to swell.

So after we dropped Kaleb off at school and did the annual first day of school pictures and goodbye hugs and kisses we checked in with the school nurse. She took a look at Kaden's nose and recommended we get it checked. Instead of taking my baby to his first day of kindergarten we were taking him on his first trip to the ER. It was a not so fun morning full of waiting and examinations. Turns out he fractured his sweet nose. After his initial crying from the pain of the accident he didn't even seem phased by the injury. He enjoyed the rest of the day at home with me and I got my baby for one more day of summer vacation.

His second try at his first day of school was much more successful!


No comments: