Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fresh Air & Adventure - Camping Part 1

Each time we go camping even though as a mom it is a daunting task, the thoughts of the memories we will make and all of the fun we will have outweigh the packing and preparing.

The moment I open the car door and smell the fresh, crisp mountain air memories of years past roll through my mind. Each year at the end of the Summer we go on a camping trip with my side of the family {this year minus my mom because she was in Mexico}. We always go to the same place...Ponderosa Campground. This is the campground we have been going to for almost 20 years now. That is hard to believe! Memories of me as a child racing my bike around muddy puddles scattered throughout the campground,  campfires with marshmallows, and looking up at the clear starry night sky...all things I once experienced as a child and now I get to do with my own children.

The boys are now at the perfect camping age. They are curious and adventurous and other than the river that runs through the campground I am not too nervous about them when we go camping now. When they were younger and less independent camping was more of a chore than enjoyable. 

Our camping adventures consist of fishing, hiking, jeeping, atving, eating...lots of eating {food always tastes better when you are camping}, exploring, star gazing, marshmallow roasting, campfire watching, hot chocolate drinking, water wading, and so much more. I am so blessed to be able to get these opportunities with my family and in the future I hope to be enjoying these types of adventures with my grandchildren. 

Lots of fun memories made on this trip. Enjoy these pictures from day 1 of our end of Summer camping trip!

{Click on pictures to enlarge}













{Shortly after this picture Kaleb fell into the reservoir. I being the prepared 
mom came with an extra pair of shoes and a change of clothes for each of the boys:)}



{It ain't jeeping if you don't get a little mud on the tires!}




{My little rain water collector}


{This year before we went camping Kyle created a life size Jenga game. It was a fun addition to camping this year and great to play during our down time back at the campsite.}


{Peek-a-boo I see you}



                            



{Campfires and marshmallow roasting are the best. The boys even made some 
friends at the campground and we had them over for a s'more playdate:) 
Kaleb still talks about his campground friend Wyatt!}

No comments: